Monday 14 March 2011

Last Thoughts.

 


Virginia Wolf, once said...
"and I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time. It expands later, and thus we don't have complete emotions about the present, only about the past.”


On my walks, travelling home from being at uni all day, i used to replay moments from the whirl of my day.
It was quiet in the night there was  no one but the moon, and the feelings that had been swept with the clouds, fell like rain and sparkled in my mind.

From a vague spot within me, i felt comfortable with the moon, almost as if my secrets inside me, were reciprocating its shine.

Talking in the night time, talking in the garden, and pouring grief out to the moon, was easier, than facing people, having to think about your expressions, where you still looking poised, happy, invulnerable.

In the rush of my day, everything swept by with the leaves, and only in the night, could i lean into my mind, and see the things that had flashed by so fast, so suddenly...

I can almost sometimes imagine Wolf, sitting in a chair and thinking of lifes mysteries, plunging into a place, we only sometimes uncover, in the dark, or on newyears, or maybe watching an ocean.

My blog is for thoughts that are plunged deep in an ocean, that sometimes ripple when we are alone in the dark, replaying movements, or smells, or anything that you wanted to hold onto longer, or anything you couldn't understand.....
My blog is for afterthoughts, the things that cease to be unremembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment